Sunday, May 3, 2015

To Netflix or Not?


This is the biggest question Australians face in front of new downloading laws and with other already available options like Presto and Stan already active in Aus what makes Netflix better?Netflix was the last of the streaming giants to come to the Aussie shores, coming with a depleted library that will make any users who have tasted the forbidden fruit of the US Netflix cringe at the site of it. With under a quarter less content than the US counter part the Australian Netflix leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth at first glance. One of the few things Netflix did right was to create the cheapest option out of the market with $8.99 starting price package including a single stream and standard definition, but if you want HD unfortunately you will need to the package up at $11.99. After my first sour taste of Netflix I decided to go back and have a better look over the content in hopes my first glance was wrong and to my surprise I admit I found it less terrible a second go around. With shows like House of Cards, Daredevil and Vikings, I have to admit I have enjoyed myself but when it comes to finding movie content I found it hard to find anything I would really enjoy. The "recommended for you" section came up short even after I had rated over a 100 titles, you would think it might pick something I could get into at the very least but sadly with such a limited content it just doesn't work. With new content coming out all the time this can be fixed but right now if you wanted a large list of movies than Netflix isn't right for you. The Netflix site is very well set up and very easy for everyone to use with a section that separates Kids content (a great idea to help parents find appropriate shows/movies for a younger audience).
If only you had more 
So if your looking for a site that will fix all your TV and movie needs unfortunately this is not it but it should keep you entertained for long enough until more content is released, but if you cant wait many Australian users are moving onto VPN's and Hola to gain access to the American content, while this is not 100% legal its in a bit of a grey area and surely has to be better than going back to downloading.

Hope this helped,
Luke Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment